Q1. What is ESTECEM II?
A1. ESTECEM II is a self-etching, dual-cure adhesive resin cement.
Q2. What are the clinical indications for ESTECEM II?
A2. The clinical indications for ESTECEM II are:
- Cementation of crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays made of glass/oxide ceramics (porcelain, zirconia and alumina), metals/alloys (precious and non-precious) and resin materials including inorganic filler (composite materials).
- Repair of fractured porcelain fused to metal crowns and all ceramic restorations.
- Cementation of veneers.
- Cementation of adhesion bridges.
- Cementation of metal or resin cores, metal or glass-fiber posts.
Q3. Does ESTECEM II require refrigeration?
A3. Yes. Storage under inappropriate conditions will accelerate the degradation of ESTECEM II.
Q4. What is the shelf life of ESTECEM II?
A4. Two years after the date of production under refrigeration (0-10ºC/32-50ºF). ESTECEM II should be used by the expiration date indicated on the label of each container.
Q5. What are the available shades?
A5. Four shades: Clear, Universal, Brown and White Opaque. Only Universal is available in a Kit.
- Clear: A colorless and transparent shade. Suitable for esthetic crowns and veneers where the underlying tooth color provides most of the color needs.
- Universal: A shade having a common tooth color. Ideal for anterior esthetic restorations and can generally accommodate a wide range of shade matching cases. Universal shade is included in the Kit.
- Brown: A dentin colored shade. Suitable for ceramic or composite resin crowns.
- White Opaque: A shade with high opacity. Suitable for veneer and other cases that require masking of the underlying color.
Q6. What is the filler loading for ESTECEM II paste?
A6. The filler load for ESTECEM II paste is 74 % by weight (61% by volume).
Q7. What is the film thickness of ESTECEM II paste and TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND?
A7. The film thickness of ESTECEM II paste and TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND is 10 microns and 5-10 microns, respectively. The total film thickness is 15-20 microns.
Q8. How many cases can be performed with one syringe of ESTECEM II?
A8. Approximately 20 applications can be made when cementing single-unit restorations. However, it depends on the clinical case.
Q9. Can I use any other adhesive/primer instead of TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND?
A9. No, you can’t use other primers or adhesives as primer for the adhesive surfaces, bond strength will be severely compromised if other primers or adhesives are used. TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND is the only bond that can be used with the ESTECEM II paste.
Q10. What is TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND’s working time after mixing?
A10. Complete the application within 1 minute of dispensing when using the mixing well. Complete the application within 3 minutes of dispensing when using disposable mixing well.
Q11. Why does ESTECEM II KIT include two types of mixing wells?
A11. Because each mixing well provides a different working time; 1 minute with the mixing well and 3 minutes with the disposable mixing well. The mixing well should be used for a single restoration, whereas the disposable mixing well should be used for multiple restorations.
Q12. What is the pH level of TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND?
A12. The pH level of TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND after mixing is around 2.2.
Q13. How many drops does each bottle A or bottle B of TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND contain?
A13. Approximately 250 drops per one bottle (A/B for each one).
Q14. What if TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND dropped on the mucosal membrane?
A14. Wipe the affected area immediately and thoroughly flush with water after restoration. Affected areas may whiten due to protein coagulation but will return to previous color within 24 hours.
Q15. Does TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND have fluoride release?
A15. Yes. TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND releases fluoride, but not gradually.
Q16. Will the liquid of TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND be subject to phase separation?
A16. No, TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND will not show phase separation even if the solvent is evaporated. TOKUYAMA UNIVERSAL BOND contains hydroxyethyl methacrylate (HEMA) which is relatively hydrophilic and improves the compatibility between water and monomer.