The clinical indications for EsteCem II are:
- Cementation of crowns, bridges, inlays, and onlays made of glass/oxide ceramics (porcelain, zirconia and alumina), metals/alloys (precious and non-precious) and resin materials including inorganic filler (composite materials)
- Cementation of veneers
- Cementation of adhesion bridges
- Cementation of metal or resin cores, metal or glass-fiber posts
- Repair of fractured porcelain fused to metal crowns and all ceramic restorations
Yes. EsteCem II does require storage under refrigeration (0-10°C/32-50°F). Tokuyama Dental recommends removing EsteCem II from the refrigerator 20 minutes before the first application. It may remain in room temperature throughout the day and needs to be returned to refrigeration after the last appointment/procedure of the day.
Two years after the date of production under refrigeration (0-10ºC/32-50ºF). EsteCem II should be used by the expiration date indicated on the label of each container.
EsteCem II has four shades available: Clear, Universal, Brown and White Opaque. Only Universal is available in a Kit.
- Universal: Translucent dentin shade. Ideal for anterior esthetic restorations and majority of cases.
Universal shade is included in EsteCem II Kit
- Clear: Colorless and transparent shade. Suitable for esthetic crowns and veneers requiring more opacity
- White-Opaque: A shade with high opacity. Suitable for veneer and cases requiring masking of the underlying dentin or metal/fiber post
- Brown: Opaque dentin shade. Suitable for ceramic or composite resin crowns
The filler load for EsteCem II paste is 74 % by weight (61% by volume).
The film thickness of EsteCem II paste is 10 microns.
Approximately 20 applications can be made when cementing single-unit restorations. However, it depends on the clinical case.
No, you can’t use other primers or adhesives as primer for the adhesive surfaces, bond strength will be severely compromised if other primers or adhesives are used. Tokuyama Universal Bond is the only bond that can be used with the EsteCem II paste.
Both tack cure and final cure can be done in self- or light-cure mode.
Tack cure in light-cure mode, depends on the intensity of the curing light:
Final cure can be done by light-curing lingual and buccal margins for 20 seconds each, or self-curing in 8 minutes.